Monday, September 5, 2011

One thing - Job Hunting Advice

I do not have a full time job.. yet. Like most unemployed people I plan on having one in the near future. However, being in a new city makes this process tougher as most jobs are acquired through networking. I've met a lot of different individuals and they've all been incredibly helpful in my adjustment to this hot city life. So I feel that eventually things will fall together but right now I'm highly impatient. This must be one of those tests in life where I should be grateful with what I have now instead of hoping for something more.

Unemployed people (like myself) should be grateful 

- for the skills they've built from job hunting - being able to cold call people, continuously throwing ourselves out there even when we just want to curl up from uncertainty. You have to keep on going!

- for their constant support from family members and/or friends (For me, I'm especially thankful to live with my caring boyfriend.)

- for those around me the many sunny days in Texas... always so comforting and optimistic 

- for adulthood... despite being terribly afraid, we should be excited to see what's going to happen next and how we can improve our lives

Remember a job is not you. You have a life to live and having a job is just part of it.

Cheers,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and thoughts keep me motivated to post more. They are very much appreciated ^_^